I have reached the about half-way point in my Meatless March Diet Extravaganza. So far, I have been doing well with it. I still have some yogurt left, so I have been adding that to this that and the other periodically, but have been out of milk and butter for over a week. That’s pretty darn vegan, although not completely. I have even gone out twice and managed to find something on the menu to eat, although one time, it was just onion rings. Luckily, I was not super jonsin’ for dinner. The other time lead to A New Obsession: arugual (or baby kale) with tomato and avocado dressed with balsamic vinaigrette and cilantro. O, how I love the New Salad!
Thoughts so far:
- I have been consuming enough protein and carbs, but have actually been good about relying on actual veggies (leaves, roots, stems…) for my food
- I have been hitting my 1500 calories easily enough without going over (unless making up for exercise) and have lost 5lbs without being hungry
- As much as I hate to be One of Those People, I do feel atonbetter. I am not as hungry and I have more energy
- Lack of cheese
- I am finding it hard not to get stuck in a rut
- I have to make a lot more of an effort to keep a variety of food. Kinda goes with the “rut.” Some of it is the attempt to continue to try and eat as little as possible of processed foods
Verdict thus far: I will definitely ride out this month to see if it continues to be a mostly positive experience.