HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!
On my tenth day of real foods, I continued the streak. Finished strong with frittata, baked beans, and salmon salad! Woo! The salmon salad was courtesy of Coastal Flats, one of my fave places to go. I went with Christina and we saw Despicable Me 2. It was really, really good. Super funny, super touching, awesome all around.
So since I was taking part in the 10 day challenge and it has been ten days, I am officially a winner. Overall, I liked doing the challenge. It wasn’t very hard, but I am handy in the kitchen. The hardest parts were eating out and avoiding sweets. I love sweets. I made tiramisu during this time and couldn’t eat it. Very, very sad Sarah. Although I did freeze a piece and eat it after… very happy Sarah. Mmm.
Things I liked:
- It pushed me to eat more veggies
- I felt happier
- My skin looked better (at least to me)
- Mentally, I liked that I was eating healthier
- I felt less like a hypocrite since I ate the way I preach
Things I was meh on:
- The rules said I could have beer and wine, but not liquor yet no reasoning behind that (so I drank liquor anyhow)
- I had a hard time sleeping, but I sometimes get insomnia, so not sure if it was linked to this
- Eating out was harder (not sure if this is a good or bad. HA!)
- It is inconvenient if you are not in charge of food for an event and don’t want to appear rude
And there you have it. I was disappointed that I did not lose any weight on this. I even tracked calories and exorcised and was where I should’ve been to lose. I also thought that maybe because I was staying away from ‘crap’ I would have seen something. Nope. Lame. Ah well. Eternal battle still going. Boo.
So now what?
I mentioned it is inconvenient and I have an event this week that will have food I will not be able to avoid easily. Not without looking like a total snobby bitch.
“I am choosing not to eat your food because it is inferior.” – Really no way to say that in a nice way. Heh.
I guess on Monday I will start again. And double it up, 20 days.
I can do it.